The AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities serves as a catalyst to educate, encourage, promote and recognize the improvements that make cities, towns and counties more supportive, not only of their older residents but for residents of all ages.
AARP seeks to provide American cities, towns and counties with the resources they need to become more age-friendly by tapping into national and global research, models and best practices.
The AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities provides members with opportunities to:
- Establish contacts and information sharing among participating U.S. communities
- Organize knowledge exchange opportunities nationally and internationally
- Share information to use ideas and best practices more effectively, and better understand and appreciate age-related issues, concerns and success stories
AARP NETWORK OF AGE-FRIENDLY COMMUNITIES ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Each fall, AARP Education & Outreach Livable Communities hosts an age-friendly conference of community representatives and AARP staff. You can review the event itineraries and presentations via "The Annual Conference" section below.
AGE-FRIENDLY COMMUNITIES TOOL KIT RESOURCES
- The Member List: See the current roster of enrolled communities in the United States as well as their action plans and other information
- Preparing the Membership Materials: Find the membership application, sample letters of commitment, resolutions and more
- AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities Program Cycle: Download a visual overview of the program’s steps and elements
- AARP Age-Friendly Resource Guide: A selection of key resources to support age-friendly communities through all stages of the program cycle
- World Health Organization Guide to Age-Friendly Cities: Download this 82-page guide for a deep dive into the program
- Age-Friendly Foundations: These funding organizations are helping make communities more livable
- Evaluating Your Age-Friendly Community Program: A Step-by-Step Guide: Download this resource when you reach Phase 4
- Guiding Principles for the Sustainability of Age-Friendly Community Efforts: Learn how to maintain ongoing success
THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Each fall, AARP Livable Communities hosts an age-friendly conference of community representatives and AARP staff. Download the presentations and materials from each of our annual learning events: