Demographic information and other research about age 50+ people, including the impact of the baby boom generation on housing, mobility, healthcare and more.
The information is presented in reverse chronological order by the source material's publication or release date and includes reports, case studies, tool kits and more.
If you have suggestions for resources to add to this collection, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our other Livable Communities archives
Featured AARP Resources
- Ageing in Cities, Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Livable Communities and the Baby Boomers, e-book by Governing magazine
- The Boomer Nation: A State-by-State Snapshot, AARP
- 50+ African-American and Hispanic Populations in Select Metropolitan Markets. AARP
- Older Americans 2012: Key Indicators of Well-Being, Federal Intergency Forum on Age-Related Statistics
- The Future of a Generation: How New Americans Will Help Support Retiring Baby Boomers, Immigrant Policy Center
- A Profile of Older Americans, Administration on Aging
- MetLife Report on Grandparents, MetLife Mature Market Institute
- Opting for Independence Case Study Project Report, The Coordinating Center
- AARP 50 and Over What's Next, AARP
- AARP 2020 Vision for Aging Services, AARP
- Culture Connects All: Rethinking Audiences in Times of Demographics Change, Partners for Livable Communities
- Population Aging: Facts, Challenging, and Responses, Program on the Global Demography of Aging
- The Changing Demographic Profile of the United States, Congressional Research Service
- Aging Populations. article in PM Magazine, ICMA Publications
- The Next Four Decades: 2010-2015, U.S. Census Bureau
- Immigration, Aging and the Regional Chicago Economy, published in the journal Cityscape