Published biennially since 1992 by AARP's Public Policy Institute, Across the States presents a snapshot of the long-term care landscape in each state and the District of Columbia. The series was developed to help inform policy discussions among public and private sector leaders in long-term care throughout the United States.
Using the most recent data sources available, the 2002 edition by Steven R. Gregory and Mary Jo Gibson provides information on 70 indicators that are otherwise difficult to obtain from a single source.
Among the features of this fifth edition of Across the States are:
- Data on
- Need for LTC
- Home and Community-Based Services and Resources
- Nursing Facility Services and Resources
- LTC Expenditures and Financing
- LTC Maps, including, for example, the regional variation in assisted living regulations
- State Rankings on every indicator
- Data Documentation
- List of AARP State Offices
To access a copy of this report for a single state, click on the state below (PDF, approximately 710KB).
Written by Steven R. Gregory and Mary Jo Gibson, AARP Public
May be copied only for noncommercial purposes and with attribution; permission required for all other purposes.
Public Policy Institute, AARP, 601 E Street, NW, Washington, DC 20049