The purpose of this brief poll was to investigate the similarities and differences of those ages 18 to 49 and those ages 50+ regarding social media. We wanted to know how important they consider social media and patterns of usage.
Key findings included:
- More than half (56%) of all respondents say they use social media.
- Almost two-thirds of social media users say they only have one or two social media accounts (65%), and most social media users say they have a Facebook account (90%).
- Half of people say they use social media to keep in touch with family and friends (51%).
- Six out of ten people who do not use social media say it is a waste of time (61%).
- Three-fourths say they do not have an iPad or tablet computer (75%).
- Six in ten people say they have a telephone landline and a cell phone, and nine in ten of these people do not plan to get rid of their landline.
Data were gathered by a random-digit dial telephone omnibus survey from July 18-22, 2012, of 1,000 respondents aged 18+. For more information, contact Linda Barrett at 202-434-6197.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This