During the Medicare Part D open enrollment period, current Medicare beneficiaries and others who are eligible for Medicare have the opportunity to enroll in the Medicare Part D program for the first time or change their existing coverage. The annual enrollment period ends December 7.
See Also: Medicare Open Enrollment
New prescription drug & health plan choices are offered every year. You may be able to save money, get better coverage, or both. With the health care law, there are lower prescription costs when you're in the donut hole, annual wellness visits, and more preventive care services.
During the annual enrollment period, Medicare patients will be able to:
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
- Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan
Here are some videos that will help explain your options:
- Medicare and You – Open Enrollment is Earlier this Year – In this video, Pamela Gentry from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services discusses Medicare Open Enrollment and encourages beneficiaries to review and compare plans before the December 7 deadline.
- Medicare Plan Finder at a Glance – This short video demonstrates how you can use the Medicare Plan Finder online tool on Medicare.gov to view and compare your Medicare health and drug plan options available in your area and enroll in a plan that best meets your needs.
- Share the News. Share the Health – Now help Medicare spread the word! Tell your friends and family with Medicare about the difference these benefits can make.
For more information or for assistance, contact the State of Alaska’s Medicare Information Office at via email at email@example.com or toll free at 1-800- 478-6065 or 269-3680 in Anchorage.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This