You can get weekly email alerts on the topics below. Just click “Follow.”Manage Alerts
1. Anyone on Medicare can get coverage regardless of income or health.
2. You are not obligated to enroll, but there may be consequences if you don't sign up when you are first eligible to do so.
3. To get Medicare drug coverage, you must select one approved private drug plan among many offering different choices. There is no single government plan.
4. Is your income limited? If you qualify for a part of the program known as "Extra Help." you'll pay very little for your medications.
5. Are your drug costs very high? You'll pay no more than 5 percent of the cost of each prescription after you've spent a certain amount of money out-of-pocket in any one year.
6. Do you have better drug coverage already? You probably won't need Medicare's Part D coverage. But it's wise to check.
Patricia Barry | Ask Ms. Medicare
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save up to 60% off eye exams and 30% off eyeglasses at Pearle Vision.
Members get a free Rx card from AARP® Prescription Discounts provided by Catamaran.
Members can get exclusive points offers from Walgreens and Duane Reade.
Caregiving can be a lonely journey, but AARP offers resources that can help.