You can get weekly email alerts on the topics below. Just click “Follow.”Manage Alerts
1. Anyone on Medicare can get coverage regardless of income or health.
2. You are not obligated to enroll, but there may be consequences if you don't sign up when you are first eligible to do so.
3. To get Medicare drug coverage, you must select one approved private drug plan among many offering different choices. There is no single government plan.
4. Is your income limited? If you qualify for a part of the program known as "Extra Help." you'll pay very little for your medications.
5. Are your drug costs very high? You'll pay no more than 5 percent of the cost of each prescription after you've spent a certain amount of money out-of-pocket in any one year.
6. Do you have better drug coverage already? You probably won't need Medicare's Part D coverage. But it's wise to check.
Nothing has been viewed
Patricia Barry | Ask Ms. Medicare
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 25% on orders of $200 or more and get 25% off lens upgrades at glasses.com.
Members can get exclusive points offers from Walgreens and Duane Reade.
Credit safeguards with AARP® Credit and Identity Theft Protection from TrustedID®.
Join or renew today! AARP members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.
Earn points for completing free online activities designed to enrich your life.
Redeem your points to save on merchandise, travel, and more.