With Medicare open enrollment beginning earlier than usual this year, AARP is helping to spread the word about enrollment events in North Dakota.
Open enrollment runs Oct. 15-Dec. 7 for the newly eligible, and for those already participating in Part D drug plans, that period is the only yearly opportunity to switch plans.
The North Dakota State Health Insurance Counseling Program (SHIC) will conduct information and enrollment sessions in seven North Dakota cities beginning Oct. 17. You should compare your prescription drug plan annually during this time.
Here is the schedule for the enrollment events, all of which begin at 9 a.m. and end at 4 p.m.:
- Bismarck, Oct. 17, Doublewood Inn Heritage Ballroom, 1400 E. Interchange Ave.
- Grand Forks, Oct. 25, Guest House, Parlors B and C, 710 1st Ave. N
- Fargo, Oct. 26, Doublewood Inn, Woodland North and South, 3333 13th Ave. S
- Valley City, Nov. 1, Eagles Club, 345 12th Ave. NE
- Jamestown, Nov. 2, James River Senior Center, 502 10th Ave. SE
- Minot, Nov. 8, Sleep Inn Convention Center, 2400 10th St. SW
- Dickinson, Nov. 10, Dickinson State University, Badlands Activity Center, 291 Campus Dr.
Bring a list of your medications, including dosages and frequency, your Medicare card, and the full name of your current plan. If you are attending an enrollment event and have a yellow retrieval card from the Insurance Department, bring it along to expedite assistance.
If you are not able to attend an enrollment session, you can begin a Part D plan comparison over the phone by calling 211 from anywhere within North Dakota.
The 211 operator will ask you a few questions, and the N.D. Insurance Department will complete the comparison and mail it to you. This free service is available from Sept. 12 until Nov. 23.
You can also compare plans using Medicare’s online Drug Plan Finder.
For more information, contact the State Health Insurance Counseling Program at 1-888-575-6611.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This