Help with State benefits is only a phone call away! Governor Jim Douglas is encouraging Vermonters to use the Department for Children and Families' (DCF) new Benefits Service Center and interactive website to access benefits such as 3SquaresVT (formerly food stamps), fuel assistance, health insurance, and phone assistance.
"You can call 1-800-479-6151 or go to myBenefits.vt.gov to find out about available benefits, track your application, and access information about your case," said Governor Douglas. "And you can do all this when it's most convenient for you - during the day, at night, or on weekends. Starting in June of this year, you will also be able to apply for benefits online."
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, callers can use their phone’s keypad to:
- Get general information about the programs offered by ESD;
- Request application forms; and
- Set up accounts they can use to get information about their cases, including the status of their applications and details about their benefits.
- During regular business hours (M-F, 7:45 am - 4:30 pm), callers can speak to someone to:
- Report changes that may affect eligibility (e.g., a new job or birth of a child);
- Get answers to questions about programs, eligibility, the application process, and their cases; and
- File complaints or report fraud.
The advantages of the new system are increased access and better service. The use of automated phone technology means clients can get the information they need, when it’s most convenient for them (e.g., during evening hours and on weekends). When clients call the Benefits Service Center, agents can access their case information electronically and provide assistance.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This