En español | Learning about Medicare:
- Check out Medicare Interactive for details of Medicare benefits.
- Learn how the Part D prescription drug program works.
- Browse AARP's "Ask Ms. Medicare" archive, a collection of answers to questions from people with Medicare.
- Use the resources on the Medicare website to read the "Medicare & You" handbook, find a doctor, compare hospitals, check coverage and more.
- For a Spanish version of this article, go to aarp.org/viva.
Sources of help and information
- Social Security Administration: Go to its website or call 1-800-772-1213 for information on Medicare enrollment, Part B premiums, Part D Extra Help or Medicare Savings Programs.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: Go to its website or call 1-800-633-4227 for information on Medicare coverage and to compare Medicare options and plans.
- State health insurance assistance program (SHIP): Trained counselors offer personal help on all Medicare and Medicaid issues for free. To locate your SHIP office, visit the website or call 1-800-677-1116.
Next ArticleRead This