In español | Serves 4
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 bell peppers (green, yellow, red or orange), cut into 2-inch-square pieces
- 1 small white or red onion, cut into 2-inch-square pieces
- 1 cup whole button mushrooms, stems on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 metal or wooden skewers
Salad with citrus vinaigrette dressing:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon, lime or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard, yellow or Dijon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups field greens salad mix
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
To make barbecue sauce:
Add all ingredients to saucepan and mix well. Over medium heat, bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and keep warm.
To make salad:
Mix together citrus juice, balsamic vinegar and mustard; slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk until dressing is well blended. Toss field greens lightly with vinaigrette just before serving.
To make kebabs:
If using wooden skewers, let soak in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes to prevent burning.
Heat grill to medium heat.
Thread chicken pieces on skewer alternately with pieces of bell peppers, onion and the whole mushrooms. Brush pieces lightly with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Grill kebabs for 15 minutes total, turning to keep them evenly browned on all sides. Brush with barbecue sauce in last 5 minutes of grilling. Chicken is done when it registers 165 degrees on meat thermometer. (You can also quickly grill the kebabs to brown the edges, then bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or to 165 degrees on meat thermometer.)
Serve with barbecue sauce on the side, along with mixed field green salad with citrus vinaigrette dressing.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This