En español l The health care law gives you more protections. No longer can your insurance company drop your health coverage when you get sick. Nor can it place dollar limits on your insurance benefits.
- Stops insurance companies from dropping coverage: Insurers can’t drop your coverage if you become sick.
- Adds more preventive care: Health insurance plans must cover more preventive care services at no additional cost to you.
- Extends coverage for young adults: Parents can keep their children on their family health plan until age 26.
- Stops insurance companies from denying coverage because of preexisting conditions: No one can be denied health insurance because of a preexisting condition.
- Bans lifetime limits: Health insurance plans can no longer put lifetime dollar limits on the benefits you receive.
- Bans annual limits: Health insurance plans can no longer put annual dollar limits on the benefits you receive.
Updated August 2013