- Members of Congress will be required to buy health plans through the state-run insurance exchanges that begin in 2014.
- Illegal immigrants are prohibited from buying health insurance through the exchanges or from getting subsidies.
- Chain restaurants and vending machines must display calorie counts for their foods.
- Tanning parlor services will have a 10 percent sales tax.
- New long-term care insurance lets you make contributions while you’re working in return for future cash benefits for help to remain in your home if you are sick or disabled.
More Insights About the New Health Care Law
- Five Things in the New That May Surprise You
- Will My Taxes Go Up?
- Who Must Have Insurance?
- Coverage as Good as Congress’?
- How Will the New Law Affect My Doctors?
Other Insurance Situations
- If You Receive Employer Insurance
- If You Run a Small Business or Work for One
- If You’re Uninsured or Buying Your Own Insurance
- If You Have a Moderate or Low Income
- Just Where Are Those Savings Coming From?
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This