AARP members in New Mexico strongly support access to affordable health and long-term care options, according to an August 2007 mail survey.
- 85% say it is important for New Mexico to make health care affordable for all residents.
- 54% say government should treat health care as an entitlement.
- 65% support expanding access to affordable, quality health care for all even if it means an increase in taxes.
- 94% say it is important to have long-term care services that enable them or family members to stay at home.
- 84% are worried about their ability to afford long-term care.
This mail survey of 867 AARP New Mexico members was conducted between August 14 and September 11, 2007. For more information, contact Joanne Binette at 202-434-6303. (32 pages)