Sometimes a few simple changes can make big improvements in your health. Here are some changes that worked for me when I was trying to drop pounds. These have been recommended by many nutritionists and by my nurse, Debbie Wagner, who counseled me during my weight-loss journey:
- No: butter or lard. Yes: olive or canola oil, or margarine without trans fats.
- No: cream-based sauces. Yes: tomato-based sauces.
- No: refined cereals. Yes: whole-grain cereals.
- No: white pasta. Yes: whole-wheat pasta.
- No: smoked, cured, salted or canned meat or fish. Yes: fresh or frozen meat or fish without added salt.
- No: sugared soda or juice. Yes: water or a mixture of juice and sparkling water.
- No: French fries or onion rings. Yes: roasted vegetables.
- No: dips high in saturated fats. Yes: hummus, peanut butter or seasoned low-fat yogurt.
- No: chocolate-chip cookies. Yes: graham crackers or oatmeal cookies.
- No: fried foods. Yes: grilled, broiled, steamed, poached or roasted foods.
- No: skipping breakfast. Yes: oatmeal, whole-grain breads or bran cereals.
Breaking habits is hard, but these changes will make a big difference in your health and vitality. Bon appetit!
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This