An easy and effective way to prevent disease and live a longer, healthier life is by getting recommended health screenings. Like many adults, you may have questions about what health screenings you need as you age. This free webinar from Sept. 22, 2010, titled "Your Car Gets Checkups — What About You? Health Screenings You Need to Stay Healthy," identifies and explains:
- The purpose of health screenings
- The recommended health screening tests for those who are 50+ and when they should get the tests
- Health numbers, such as cholesterol, BMI and blood pressure, that everyone should know
Webinar leader: Rosanne Leipzig, M.D., Ph.D., serves on the United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) and is a professor and doctor at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York.
Webinar moderator: Frank H. Bailey is Director of Health Issues with AARP’s Education & Outreach division.
- View a recording of the webinar. Here's how:
- Click on the above link, enter your name and then click "View Recording." A recording key is not required.
- On the next page, near the bottom, you'll see "View and Download Recordings." Click on the "View" icon to watch the webinar.
- Read additional resources.