Yields: 2 servings
- ½ cup (4 ounces) simple syrup *
- 14 fresh spearmint or mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 ounces fresh pineapple juice
- 5 ounces white rum
- Juice of one lime
- Club soda to taste
- Garnish: 2 lemon slices, mint sprigs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sugar
- 6 mint sprigs
See also: How to Make a Mango Pisco Sour.
Heat equal parts of water and sugar until syrup is dissolved. Add mint. Set aside overnight or at least one hour. Refrigerate before using.
- In a pitcher, use a muddle to mash the mint and sugar, but don’t crush the mint too much.
- Add simple syrup, which has been refrigerated with a few mint leaves, and mix.
- Add the rum and pineapple juice, then stir. Add ice and stir again.
- Add lime juice and stir.
- Serve in two tall, highball glasses and add club soda. Garnish with a lemon slice and mint sprig.
You may also like: More recipes from Hispanic cooking expert Denisse Oller.
Next ArticleRead This