Make your last party of the year your best party of the year! We've chosen a collection of appetizers that are easy to eat while you mingle and drink. Your guests won't feel stuffed after eating these bite-size treats, but they also won't feel like ordering a pizza post-party. Try a few of these unique recipes, including Pumpkin Seed Cheese Crisps and Lime Scallops, to help ring in the New Year.
1. Mushroom Spring Rolls by Jean-Georges Vongerichten and Mark Bittman
These baked spring rolls are the ideal finger food for a cocktail party, and a wonderful vegetarian option.
Per serving: 339 calories, 12g saturated fat, 29g carbohydrates, 14g protein, 4g fiber
2. Pumpkin Seed Cheese Crisps by Fran McCullough
A fun snack that's super-simple to make, and full of pumpkiny flavor.
Per serving: 3.6g fat, 0.2g carbohydrates, 3.8g protein, 1.5g fiber
3. Eggplant and Goat Cheese Crostini by Victoria Blashford-Snell and Brigitte Hafner
Once the eggplant's cooked, just stack and serve — maybe with a midnight champagne toast.
Per serving: 136 calories, 1g saturated fat, 21g carbohydrates, 5g protein, 2g fiber
4. Juicy Beef Skewers With Horseradish Dip by Nigella Lawson
The best thing about skewers is their versatility. You can adjust their size, portion the meat (even use lamb if you like) or add veggies.
Per serving: 190 calories, 5g saturated fat, 2g carbohydrates, 10g protein, 0g fiber
5. Pot-Sticker Dumplings With Chicken Stock by Fuchsia Dunlop
These dumplings, filled with pork, scallions and ginger, are flavorful and light.
Per serving: 45 calories, 1g saturated fat, 4g carbohydrates, 2g protein, 0g fiber
6. Grilled Shrimp With Melon-Pineapple Salsa by John Ash
A sweet variation on the classic shrimp cocktail. Serve in cocktail glasses or on skewers for easy dipping.
Per serving: 200 calories, 1g saturated fat, 12g carbohydrates, 16g protein, 3g fiber
7. Dates Stuffed With Roquefort Cheese and Topped With Walnuts by Lauren Groveman
Roquefort cheese and walnuts turn these dates into a creamy, tangy treat.
Per serving: 64 calories, 1g saturated fat, 9g carbohydrates, 1g protein, 1g fiber
8. Curried Chicken in Radicchio Cups by Joey Altman
Make this dish the night before or earlier in the day, and refrigerate until you're ready to serve. You can also use a precooked chicken to save time.
Per serving: 101 calories, 1g saturated fat, 7g carbohydrates, 6g protein, 1g fiber
9. Lime Scallops by Fran McCullough
An elegant appetizer, these scallops require very little effort. Just marinate a few hours before cooking, and you're good to go.
Per serving: 8.2g saturated fat, 4.2g carbohydrates, 25.3g protein
10. Sweet and Spicy Red Pepper Dip by Rick Rodgers
Forget about high-fat, cream-based dips: This healthier dip has the perfect balance of sweet and spice.
Per serving: 44 calories, 0g saturated fat, 6g carbohydrates, 1g protein, 2g fiber
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This