6. Escarole and Cannellini Bean Soup by Frank Castronovo and Frank Falcinelli
Cannellini beans pack this traditional soup with fiber and hearty flavor.
Per Serving: 501 calories, 5g saturated fat, 59g carbohydrates, 20g protein, 16g fiber
7. Get-Up-and-Go-Juice From the Pump Energy Food by Steve and Elena Kapelonis
Carrots, beets and ginger all can help your liver rid your body of toxins. Stay away from chemically enhanced energy drinks and make your own!
Per Serving: 140 calories, 5g fat, 31g carbohydrates, 4g protein, 7g fiber
8. Crunchy Kale by Fran McCullough
Instead of throwing it into a shake or a salad, be creative with your cooking and serve it with a crunch. It's great as a snack or a side dish with additions such as hot sauce or pine nuts.
Per serving: 5.5g fat, 4.7g carbohydrates, 2.6g fiber
9. Artichoke Salad by Victoria Blashford-Snell and Brigitte Hafner
This is a delicious combination of peppery arugula and hearty artichoke that you can serve as a side or topped with grilled chicken as main dish.
Per Serving: 169 calories, 2g saturated fat, 18g carbohydrates, 8g protein, 9g fiber
10. Gingery Pears in Green Tea by Judith Finlayson
Here's a light dessert full of disease-fighting antioxidants. The pears are cooked in ginger and green tea, and can be topped with vanilla yogurt, either chilled or frozen.
Per Serving: 170 calories, 0g saturated fat, 45g carbohydrates, 1g protein, 6g fiber