- 10–12-pound ham, precooked
- About 30 cloves
- Orange slices for garnish
- Aluminum foil
- 20 ounces orange juice
- 2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Remove extra fat from ham, leaving approximately ½-inch skin. Make crisscross incisions throughout the ham, and place a clove at each crisscross intersection.
2. In a deep pan, mix orange juice, mustard, nutmeg, brown sugar and pepper. Cook at medium heat for 8–10 minutes or until thickened. Cool at room temperature.
3. With a kitchen brush, spread the glaze over the ham.
4. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place glazed ham in a roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil.
5. Baste ham with glaze every 20 minutes. Bake until internal temperature of ham reaches 150°F. Cooking time should be 20 minutes per pound. Cover ham during the first three hours and uncover during last hour.
6. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Slice, place in tray and garnish with orange slices. Serve with potato salad.
Next ArticleRead This