- 3 pounds Idaho potatoes
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup yellow chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Wax paper
- 20 ounces tuna in water (for canned tuna, season with extra lime juice and chopped onions)
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 medium Spanish onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, skinless and seedless, diced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper, diced
- Chopped parsley
1. Peel and cook the potatoes in salted water. Mash until puréed. Season with salt and white pepper, lime juice, yellow chili and olive oil.
2. Mix the tuna with the mayonnaise, chopped onion, red pepper, olives, hard-boiled eggs and parsley.
3. Spread a thin layer of mashed potatoes on the wax paper. Spread a layer of the tuna mixture over the mashed potatoes. Roll up as a Swiss roll, and cover the completed roll with the same wax paper.
4. Place in a tray and refrigerate for at least one hour.
5. To serve, remove the wax paper and place in a tray; garnish with parsley and chopped red pepper.
Option 1: Avocados, diced tomatoes and diced beets
Option 2: Prawns, shrimps or crab meat, mayonnaise, drops of lime
Sliced hard-boiled egg over the causa roll
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This