Recipe provided by La Mesa del Siglo de Oro in Alcalá de Henares, Spain
1. Bone the leg of lamb, chop, season with salt and pepper, dip in flour and fry in oil until golden brown.
2. Make a stock with vegetables and the bones. This will be used to add liquid to the stew.
3. Lightly fry garlic, onion, and peeled, seeded tomato in the same oil. Add the chunks of lamb, moisten with wine, reduce and add the stock.
4. Cook slowly and season with salt. When the pieces of lamb are tender, remove them and strain the sauce through a chinois strainer.
5. Combine the sauce with the lamb and cook for a few minutes. Season with salt.
6. Garnish with sautéed vegetables such as carrots, zucchini and mushrooms.