- 1 medium garlic, whole
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red peppers
- ½ pound cauliflower, cut into florets
- 10 ounces fresh Brussels sprouts, cut into halves
- 5 ounces pearl onions, peeled
- 1 pound pumpkin, seeded and peeled, cut into small cubes
- 1 pound yam, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut off top of garlic head and discard. Wrap garlic head in aluminum foil, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and close wrapping. Place on ovenproof tray.
- Roast peppers on stovetop until skin is charred. Place peppers in a closed paper bag for 10 minutes. Remove from bag and, using hands, peel charred skin, discard seeds and veins, and cut into long strips.
- In a bowl, mix cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and pearl onions. Add salt and pepper to taste and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- On another ovenproof tray, place pumpkin and yam cubes. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, thyme, rosemary and sage.
- Place garlic tray in oven for approximately 30–40 minutes or until garlic cloves are tender.
- Place both vegetable trays in oven. Brussels sprouts should be ready in approximately 20–25 minutes, or when the vegetables turn golden brown. The pumpkin and yam should be ready in approximately 35–40 minutes.
- Place all vegetables on a serving tray.
- Add pepper strips and mix well. Sprinkle lemon juice and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.