- 4 ounces graham crackers
- 2 ounces walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 12 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups pumpkin purée
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Grated rind of 1 orange
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a food processor, grind graham crackers and walnuts completely.
- Add butter and mix well, until mixture is moist and uniform.
- Press mixture to bottom and sides of an 11-inch round springform pan, compacting with your fingers. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- In a food processor, mix cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla extract and sugar. Mix well. Add eggs one by one until completely combined. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and orange rind. Mix lightly.
- Cover bottom and sides of baking pan with double sheet of aluminum foil; add cream cheese mixture. Place pan in a larger ovenproof pan half-filled with water. Bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool at room temperature. Discard aluminum foil and refrigerate until firm, overnight or for approximately 4 hours.