- 2 2-pound red snappers, whole, cleaned and deboned
- ½ medium Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons stuffed olives, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red pepper, diced
- 1 roma tomato, skinless and seedless, diced
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound medium shrimps, peeled, cut in thirds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup white wine
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 sheets of wax paper or aluminum foil
- 6 toothpicks
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan. Add the onion and garlic, and cook for 2–3 minutes at medium heat.
2. Add the olives, red pepper and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook 2–3 minutes at medium heat until shrimp turns pink.
3. Add wine and cook for one additional minute.
4. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
1. Season the red snapper with lemon, salt and pepper.
2. Stuff the red snapper with the shrimp, and close with toothpicks.
3. Spread some of the remaining oil in the center of the wax paper or aluminum foil. Place stuffed fish on the paper. Drizzle with oil and top with lemon slices.
4. Form an envelope-type closure with the wax paper or aluminum foil to prevent steam from escaping.
5. Repeat the process with other red snapper.
6. Place the fish in a metal tray and bake for 20 minutes at 425ºF.
7. Remove from oven and serve in a large elongated dish.
8. Garnish with parsley and the remaining lemon slices.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This