Green Adobo for Fish
Yields: 4 portions
- 5 tomatillos, skinless
- 1 small white onion, cut into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 scallions, cut in three
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 3 jalapeño peppers, without seeds or veins, cut into halves
- 1 serrano chile, without seeds or veins, cut into halves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tilapia fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime, cut into thin slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a wide frying pan, brown the tomatillos, onion and garlic cloves at high heat for 3–4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place ingredients in a blender; add the scallions, cilantro, parsley, jalapeño pepper, serrano chile, lime juice and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place tilapia fillets in shallow ovenproof pan and add sauce. Refrigerate for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from refrigerator and let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Place in the oven and bake for 12–15 minutes.
- Garnish with lime slices before serving.