En español | Makes 12 muffins
- ¾ stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt (2% fat)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (frozen may be used)
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 12-muffin pan
- 12 paper muffin liners
- Nonstick spray
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place a paper liner in each muffin cup and spray with nonstick spray.
3. In an electric mixer, whip butter until creamy. Add sugar and mix until completely blended, at least 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and mix again.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, grated orange peel, cinnamon and salt.
5. Add half the dry mixture to the batter in mixer and fold in gently until blended. Add a third of the yogurt. Mix gently. Add the remaining dry mixture. Beat lightly and add remaining yogurt.
6. Add the blueberries and nuts and stir gently by hand.
7. Pour batter into muffin cups, place pan in oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Muffins are ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This