Naan Pizzas With Butternut Squash, Prosciutto and Fontina
Makes 4 pizzas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, cut into small cubes
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 naan flatbreads (or large pocket-less pitas)
- 6 ounces grated fontina cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups arugula, tossed with a few drops of oil and a pinch of salt
Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash; saute until tender, seasoning with salt and pepper, until spotty golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, sprinkle each naan with a portion of cheese and top with squash. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven; lay a slice of prosciutto over each pizza, top with a portion of greens, and serve.
Pizzas With Cabbage, Bacon and Swiss
- Makes 4 pizzas
- 6 slices bacon, cut into medium dice
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 package (1 pound) store-bought pizza dough, cut into quarters
- Cornmeal for baking sheet
- 6 ounces grated Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 500 degrees.
Meanwhile, fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until almost crisp, about 5 minutes; transfer bacon to paper toweling with a slotted spoon to drain. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of renderings and return skillet to medium-high heat. Add cabbage and saute until just wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
Quarter dough and stretch each piece into an approximate 12-by-4-inch rectangle; transfer to a large cornmeal-coated baking sheet. (All 4 pizzas should fit crosswise on the same sheet.)
Sprinkle with cheese, then cabbage, then bacon; bake until crisp and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
You May Also Like
- Learn how to make Japanese food at home
- Want to live longer? Do these 7 things in the bedroom
- Learn how the Affordable Care Act affects you and your family
Go to the AARP home page for latest news on food and nutrition