En Español | Yields 6-8 servings
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and rinsed, cut into medium-size pieces
- 1 leek, white part only, rinsed and sliced
- 1 small malanga, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small scallion
- 1½ teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5¼ cups (42 ounces) hot vegetable broth
- ½ cup (4 ounces) orange juice
- 3 ounces Mexican cream
1. In a hot pan, add oil, leek, scallions and ginger, and cook at low heat for 2-3 minutes. Add thyme, cinnamon, carrots and malanga. Mix and cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add hot broth, mix and let it boil. Once it boils, skim the foam off the top. Lower the heat to medium-low, add the orange juice, salt and pepper to taste and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the carrots and malanga are tender. Remove the cinnamon stick and the thyme sprig.
3. Remove from heat. Let the soup cool lightly before pouring into a blender. Mix well until mixture is evenly pureed.
4. Place a colander over the pot and strain the soup into the pot by stirring with a wooden spoon.
5. Heat the soup, add the Mexican cream and mix well. Serve and enjoy!
You may also like: Chicken escabeche with jalapeños.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This