En español | INGREDIENTS
- 2–3 fresh red or green chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola or olive oil
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, cut in rounds
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted (optional)
1. Put chiles, cilantro, cumin, salt, and lime juice into a bowl.
Whisk together and slowly pour in oil.
2. Continue whisking until well blended, or pour ingredients into a jar and shake until mixed.
3. Let dressing sit while assembling the salad.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together brown rice, peppers, tomatoes, scallions, and carrots.
5. Stir in dressing and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.
6. Allow to sit for a few hours to allow flavors to blend.
Courtesy of The Happy Kitchen, a program of the Sustainable Food Center.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This