Yields 6-8 portions
- 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 small yellow squash, cut lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium fennel, cut lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 tomatoes, cut into horizontal slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut in half vertically
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut in half vertically
- 1 red onion, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 bunches of scallions
- 4 ears of corn, husked, cut in halves
- 12 asparagus
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, thinly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable brush
- Metal pan
Preheat grill at 375°F (for outside barbecuing) or medium heat for indoor grilling.
1. Place eggplant and squash on a plate and sprinkle lightly with salt to remove excess moisture. After 15 minutes, drain and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
2. Mix oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Line up vegetables in a pan. Brush the mixture on both sides of vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place vegetables on the grill — under direct heat, if using barbecue grill. Cook eggplant, fennel and zucchini for 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. Grill asparagus for 3-5 minutes on each side, peppers for 6-8 minutes on skin side and 3-4 minutes on the inside. Cook corn last, 6-8 minutes on each side. Do not move the vegetables once on the grill — except to turn — so they get nice grill marks.
4. Remove from grill. Adjust seasoning, sprinkle with remaining oil mixture. Enjoy!
You may also like: How to make perfectly grilled meat.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This