Serves: 4 (3 nests per person)
- 1 8.8-ounce bag angel hair pasta nests
- 3 quarts water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 quail eggs
- 2 summer squashes (yellow), unpeeled, washed and cut in ¼-inch cubes
- 2 green zucchini, unpeeled, washed and cut in ¼-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Boil quail eggs at medium heat for 1½ minutes in enough water to cover. Remove from heat and let rest for 1 minute before draining. Remove shells and slice lengthwise.
- In a heated pan, pour oil and immediately add squash and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 3–4 minutes, until browned.
- In a large pot, boil water and add salt to taste. Carefully add pasta nests and cook for 2 minutes. Drain, setting aside 1/3 cup of the water.
4. Add ¼ cup of pasta water to the herbal mixture. Add more water if necessary. Adjust seasoning.
5. To serve, pour 2 teaspoons of sauce under each pasta nest. Stuff nests with the squash/zucchini mixture, add a quail egg to each nest and top with more sauce.