- 4 pompanos, cleaned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Lemon rind, grated
- Juice of one lemon
- 8 plantain leaves, thawed
- 12 toothpicks, previously soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 1 lemon, cut in thin slices
See also: Hispanic cooking expert Denisse Oller.
- Preheat grill to medium temperature (350° F.).
- Rinse and dry fish well. Make a small incision on top of each fish.
- Add salt and pepper inside incision and to whole fish.
- Mix olive oil, oregano, thyme, scallions, cilantro, lemon rind, lemon juice and a dash of salt. Rub mixture inside fish. Set aside remaining mixture.
- Place plantain leaves crosswise, two at a time.
- Spread some of the remaining herbal mix on the center of the plantain leaves. Place the fish on the plantain leaves and top with the lemon slices.
- Fold leaves over the fish and secure with toothpicks.
- Place on the grill over indirect heat and cover. Cook for 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve with vegetables.
You may also like: Cleaning Tips for Grimy Grill Grate.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This