Serves: 4 (2 per person)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fat removed, cut in 1½-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cipollini onions
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 red peppers, seeded and deveined, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 8 wooden skewers, previously soaked in water for 15 minutes
See also: Hispanic cooking expert Denisse Oller.
- Season chicken cubes with salt and pepper to taste; add coriander powder.
- Rub olive oil on chicken, place in a covered glass bowl or plastic bag and refrigerate.
- Place cipollini onions in boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove from hot water, drain and blanch by placing them in cold water. Peel onions and discard stem. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Place ingredients on skewers in the following order: chicken, tomato, chicken, red pepper, onion, red pepper, chicken, red pepper, chicken and, lastly, tomato. Brush tamarind sauce on all sides of kebab. Place on grill and brush tamarind sauce again after 5 to 6 minutes. Turn skewers. Cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked.