- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup peas (canned or frozen)
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can of flake tuna in water
- ½ cup seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Combine the water, rice, oil, garlic and salt in a large pan. Boil until the water begins to evaporate. Cover, lower the heat and let it simmer approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
2. Let the rice cool. Remove the garlic clove from the rice. Stir the rice with a fork.
3. Add the peas, tomato, parsley, green onions, red bell pepper, tuna and cucumber. Mix.
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of caper water
1. Mix the mayonnaise, mustard and caper water; add it to the rice and stir.
Next ArticleRead This