- 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cups chicken broth with no salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole stalk of chives
1. Put the spinach, cilantro and chicken broth in a blender and mix for 2 or 3 minutes. Strain it and put it aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pot on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic; let them brown for about 2 minutes, but don't let them burn.
3. Add the rice and stir for 1 minute; pour in the strained broth; add salt and mix well. Add the whole stalk of chives. Turn up the heat and boil until the liquid has almost evaporated.
4. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir the rice with a fork so that it doesn't break. Remove the pot from the heat and let it stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup light beer
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 15 minutes
1. Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and store it in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. (The longer you let it marinate, the better the flavor).
2. Preheat the grill on medium-high heat before taking the shrimp out of the refrigerator.
3. Drain the shrimp.
4. Thread 3 shrimp and 3 cherry tomatoes alternately on each skewer.
5. Cook on the grill until the shrimp turns pink (1 or 2 minutes on each side).
Next ArticleRead This