- 2 bunches watercress, thick stalks removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 green zucchini, peeled and cut into cubes
- Salt to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil at medium-high heat. Add onion and stir until golden (about 3 minutes).
- Add scallion, celery, garlic, cilantro, oregano, thyme and pepper. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add watercress. Mix and cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, potatoes and zucchini. Add salt to taste and cover. Once it boils, lower the temperature to medium-low and cook for an additional 18–20 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes. Pour into blender and mix well. Serve.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This