Total: 8 ounces of marmalade
- 2 pounds of tomatoes (preferably Rome), skinless and deveined
- 1½ ounces grated ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Jamaican spices
- 1 dash cardamom
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cut tomatoes in small pieces, retaining juice and seeds.
- In a medium pan, add tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Cook at high heat for 3–4 minutes, while stirring often.
- Once it boils, lower temperature to medium-low for 1 hour, stirring with a wooden spoon from time to time.
- Once thickened, remove from heat. Place in a sterilized glass jar. Seal jar hermetically.
- Marmalade can be stored for one week.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This