Serves: 6–8 portions
- 8 ounces red potatoes, peeled and cut in ¼-inch dices
- 8 ounces carrots, peeled and cut in ¼-inch dices
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon palm oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 4 ounces red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon white ground pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms chopped
- 3 ounces fresh corn kernels
- 3 ounces fresh peas
- 4 ounces chard
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tomato, seeded and peeled, diced
- In a medium-size pan, boil potatoes in salted water for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and boil for an additional 5–6 minutes. Remove potatoes and carrots from heat, drain and let rest.
- Heat palm oil in a medium-size frying pan. Add leek, red pepper, tomato and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir constantly. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, stir and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add peas and corn, stir and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Add chard and cook for 1 additional minute.
- In a bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, blending well.
- Mix all the ingredients well and pour the mixture into a rectangular nonstick 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- In a preheated oven, cook for 25–28 minutes at 350° F or until the top is golden and the eggs are cooked.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This