- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed, cut into small cubes (leave skin on)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 6 ounces green beans, finely sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons small capers, drained
- 10 ounces white solid tuna, packed in water
- 4 scallions, green stalks only, cut into small slices
- ½ green apple, cut into small cubes (leave skin on)
- 3 tablespoons piquillo peppers, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup water used to boil potatoes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Boil potatoes in a large pan.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, cilantro and rosemary. Cook at medium heat for 12 minutes or until potatoes are al dente.
- Strain potatoes and retain ¼ cup of the liquid used for boiling potatoes, strained.
- In a medium pan, add green beans and 1 cup salted water. Boil for 3 minutes and strain.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, green beans, eggs, scallions, piquillos, capers, apple and tuna. Gently mix all the ingredients.
- Prepare vinaigrette with ¼ cup of water used for boiling the potatoes, vinegar, mustard and cilantro. Add oil slowly and mix. Pour over salad and mix gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Next ArticleRead This