- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed, cut into small cubes (leave skin on)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 6 ounces green beans, finely sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons small capers, drained
- 10 ounces white solid tuna, packed in water
- 4 scallions, green stalks only, cut into small slices
- ½ green apple, cut into small cubes (leave skin on)
- 3 tablespoons piquillo peppers, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup water used to boil potatoes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Boil potatoes in a large pan.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, cilantro and rosemary. Cook at medium heat for 12 minutes or until potatoes are al dente.
- Strain potatoes and retain ¼ cup of the liquid used for boiling potatoes, strained.
- In a medium pan, add green beans and 1 cup salted water. Boil for 3 minutes and strain.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, green beans, eggs, scallions, piquillos, capers, apple and tuna. Gently mix all the ingredients.
- Prepare vinaigrette with ¼ cup of water used for boiling the potatoes, vinegar, mustard and cilantro. Add oil slowly and mix. Pour over salad and mix gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.