- 4 cups fish stock
- 2 sprigs lemongrass, crushed
- ½ ounce ginger, peeled
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 pound medium shrimps
- 1 pound firm fish fillets, such as tilapia
- 10 large scallops
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- Salt and paper to taste
- Heat the fish stock, lemongrass, ginger and saffron covered for 10 minutes at medium heat.
- Strain liquid in colander. Discard the residue.
- In a large pot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and lightly brown rice at medium heat for 1–2 minutes. Add fish stock and salt to taste. Cook uncovered at medium-high heat until liquid evaporates. Cover, lower heat and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Season seafood with salt and pepper to taste. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and cook fish 2–3 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. Remove from heat and dice.
- Using the same skillet, add half of the remaining oil and cook shrimp 2–3 minutes or until pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and, once heated, cook scallops for 1½ minutes on each side.
- Place seafood over rice. Garnish with roasted red pepper strips and serve immediately.