- 4 ripe mangoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 4-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 8 ounces puff pastry dough, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Drain mango slices in a strainer for 20–25 minutes.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch cast-iron frying pan at medium-low heat. Add sugar and melt until caramel-colored.
- Add mango and pineapple to pan. Cook at medium-high heat until liquid evaporates, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with lime zest, and compress mango and pineapple well.
- Stretch pastry dough on a cold surface sprinkled with flour. Cut a 10-inch-diameter circle and place over fruit, covering the top of the pan. Make a small incision on the top, and cut a small circle in the center of the dough. Press dough to the border of the pan to seal in and cover fruit completely.
- Bake 20–25 minutes or until dough starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Turn upside down on a plate.