- 4 pounds frozen yuca
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 Spanish onion
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skinless and seedless, diced
- 1 red pepper, skinless and deveined, diced
- 1 green pepper, skinless and deveined, diced
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1½ ounces raisins
- 4 ounces low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil spray
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Boil yuca in salted water at medium-high heat until tender. Drain and place in a large pan. Add warm milk and olive oil. Purée and set aside.
- Boil chicken breasts in salted water with carrot, onion, celery and garlic. Cook at medium-high heat for approximately 20 minutes or until fully cooked (check that the center of the chicken is not pink). Remove from liquid, let rest and shred.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes at medium heat until translucent. Add garlic, pepper, tomato, scallions, cilantro, 2 tablespoons of olives and paprika. Cook an additional 2–3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, stir and cook uncovered for an additional 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shredded chicken to the mixture and cook for 4–5 minutes at low heat.
- Spray cooking oil on a rectangular nonstick 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan. Moisten your hands and place half the yuca in the baking pan. Spread yuca with your hands until all sides of the pan are covered.
- Place the chicken over the yucca. Cover with eggs, raisins and stuffed olives. Spread the cheese and cover with the remaining yuca.
- Mix the egg yolk with the sugar and brush it on the yuca.
- Bake 25–30 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from oven and let rest for approximately 30 minutes before serving.
Next ArticleRead This