- 3 pounds baby back ribs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon malagueta chili
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon dry thyme
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon sherry vinegar
- zest of one lemon
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon molasses
Aluminum foil to cover ribs, if the grill has no cover
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¾ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup aged rum
- Mix liquid ingredients and lemon zest in a large bowl. Blend well until molasses dissolves.
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl. Combine dry ingredients with liquid ingredients and mix until it forms a paste.
- Rub baby back ribs with paste. Place ribs in a plastic bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least for 1 hour.
- Mix barbecue sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat grill to 325°F. Brush baby back ribs with barbecue sauce. Place ribs on grill and cook with indirect heat, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover baby back ribs, turn them over and add barbecue sauce. Grill for about 30 more minutes or until ribs are cooked and tender. Brush ribs with barbeque sauce frequently or every 10–15minutes to add flavor.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes.
Next ArticleRead This