Makes 15 whoopie pies
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 1/2 cups prepared marshmallow creme
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the sugar, egg, butter, and vanilla until light and creamy. In another bowl, mix the cocoa, baking soda, salt, and flour; then blend with buttermilk into the creamed mixture.
3. Drop batter by the heaping tablespoon onto greased baking sheets and bake 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from the baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Makes 30 mini-cakes.
4. To make the filling, mix together all ingredients well.
5. To assemble, sandwich a heaping tablespoon of cream between two cakes, dividing cream evenly between the 15 whoopie pies.
Nutrients per whoopie pie: 354 calories, 4g protein, 50g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 16g fat, 56mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium
Next ArticleRead This