- 1 pound boneless cod
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and cut
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and cut
- 3 scallions finely cut
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 16 ounces cans chickpeas, strained
- 8 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ pound red potatoes cut in small dices
- Salt and white ground pepper to taste
- ½ pound chard, rinsed and cut in medium size slices
- Soak cod in cold water overnight to desalt. Change water at least twice in a 14 hour period.
- Cook cod in fresh water at medium heat until it boils. Remove from heat, drain, cool and shred. Set aside.
- In a deep pan, heat oil at low medium heat, sauté onion for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add garlic, tomato, one cut scallion and vinegar. Cook 3-4 minutes at low-medium heat.
- Add cod and chick peas. Add paprika, a dash of white pepper, and mix. Add chicken broth, bay leaf and potatoes. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes at medium-low heat.
- Add chards, cover and cook for 5 additional minutes. Adjust seasoning as needed. Garnish with the remaining scallions.
Next ArticleRead This