Bananas Foster With Toasted Pecans
- 1 cup premium vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 banana, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Spoon ice cream into goblets or serving bowls and set in freezer.
- When ready to serve, heat a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add pecans and toast, stirring frequently, until fragrant and lightly colored, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn onto a cutting board and chop coarsely.
- Melt butter in the now empty skillet over medium heat. Add sugar, shaking pan until it melts and starts to bubble. Add bananas; continue to cook until warmed and sauce starts to coat them, a minute or so. Stir in a few teaspoons of water and then the rum; simmer to burn off the alcohol, and reduce to a thick sauce consistency, less than a minute. Top ice cream with chopped pecans and a spoonful of sauce. Serve immediately.