Yields: 4 portions
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, 70% cacao
- 8 ounces heavy cream, cold (keep in a vessel with ice)
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso coffee
- 1 ounce butter, softened or at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (or your favorite flavor)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon shaved chocolate
- 4 strawberries sliced to form “fans”
- Melt chocolate, 1ounce butter and espresso in double boiler or a glass bowl placed over a large pot of water over medium-low heat, stir continuously. Once melted, set aside.
- Place yolks and ¼ cup sugar in double boiler; mix with a wooden whisk over medium-low heat. Stir for a few minutes or until yolks are warm and sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and continue stirring until mixture attains a creamy, mayonnaise-like consistency. Set aside.
- Place egg whites and the remaining ¼ cup sugar in double boiler; mix with wooden whisk over medium-low heat. Mix until egg whites are warm and sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, add pinch of salt and mix with hand mixer until it acquires consistency of stiff meringue.
- Pour creamy egg yolk mixture into one side of bowl, then fold into egg whites.
- Pour melted chocolate into one side of bowl and fold into egg mixture.
- Whip heavy cream, powdered sugar and orange liqueur together until firm; fold into chocolate-and-egg mixture.
- Pour mousse into dessert cups, garnish with strawberries and shaved chocolate. Enjoy!
You may also like: Health discovery on chocolate.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This