- 6 cups chicken or fish stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 scallion, chopped finely
- 1/4 pound white mushrooms (caps only), cleaned, cut in small slices
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (flat-leaved), minced
- Juice of one lime
1. Warm the stock in a medium-size pan.
2. Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan or medium saucepan at medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook two minutes on both sides, until pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add remaining olive oil to pan. Add scallion and cook at medium-low heat for one minute. Add sliced mushroom caps and cook for two additional minutes at medium heat, until slightly brown.
4. Add arborio rice, mix and add white wine. Stir constantly at medium-high heat until wine evaporates. Add ½ cup stock and continue stirring until it evaporates. Continue process for approximately 20 minutes, until rice absorbs all liquid.
5. Remove from heat when rice is cooked but still al dente. Add shrimp and butter, and stir.
6. Garnish with grated cheese, chopped parsley and a sprinkle of lime juice.