5. Fresh Tomatillo Salsa by Barbara Kafka and Christopher Styler
This spicy salsa is made with tomatillos, the green fruits that are a Mexican staple. You can serve it with tortillas, pitas and a colorful spread of cut veggies.
Per Serving: 16 calories, 0g saturated fat, 3g carbohydrates, 1g protein, 1g fiber
6. Garlicky Turkey Burgers by Victoria Blashford-Snell and Brigitte Hafner
We think these burgers would also be delicious as sliders or as small meatballs speared with toothpicks or in lettuce wraps.
Per Serving: 301 calories, 3g saturated fat, 24g carbohydrates, 25g protein, 2g fiber
7. Big Quesadillas With Refried Beans, Spinach and Avocado by Nava Atlas
Yes, quesadillas can be healthy (or at least healthier)! These are packed with fiber, good fats and protein, and baked to crispy perfection without any need for frying.
Per Serving: 394 calories, 13g fat, 58g carbohydrates, 13g protein, 1g fiber
8. Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers With Garlic and Cilantro Drizzle by Diane Morgan
Guests will need just one hand and a napkin to snack on these bites — a tasty mix of sweet pineapple, garlic and zesty herbs.
Per Serving: 380 calories, 3g saturated fat, 21g carbohydrates, 24g protein, 3g fiber
9. White or Sweet Potato Oven "Fries" by Nava Atlas
Baking your "fries" is not just better for you, it's also easier. Cut the potatoes, toss with salt and olive oil and pop them in the oven on a baking sheet. Try the recipe with sweet potatoes, which are rich in vitamins and fiber.
Per Serving: 205 calories, 7g total fat, 34g carbohydrates, 2g protein